Climb the Ladder Workout – Do 1 rep of each exercise. Then do 2 reps of each exercise. Then do 3 of each, 4 of each, climbing the ladder to 10 reps of each exercise.
Optional: Once you get to 10 for both exercises, climb back down the ladder from 10 back to 1.
Burpees with Jumping Jack
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, arms above your head
- Quickly bend over placing your hands flat on the ground
- Bracing your abs, jump your feet back together so you are in a high plank
- Immediately hop your feet back to your hands
- As you come up do a jumping jack (if this is too intense, skip the jack and just come back to standing with a little hop)
- Lie on your back and engage your core but don’t let your back arch.
- Extend your arms out straight overhead and legs out straight.
- Use your core to lift your hands to meet your feet and try to keep your legs straight.
- Release back to start keeping your core engaged.
MOD – bend your knees to lessen the amount of weight you put on your back.
CORE Finisher – Repeat 3 times through.
Boat Pose – 15 seconds
- Sit on your sit bones and balance.
- Keep your knees bent, or straighten your legs.
- Bring arms out to your sides or overhead.
- Hold for time.
Core extensions – 30 seconds
- Start in the same position as above.
- Place your hands behind you on the ground for balance (fingers pointing towards your tush) and straighten and bend your knees.
Now go run!