The October Nutrition Challenge starts Saturday, October 1st!
IMPORTANT: This is NOT a weight loss challenge or a Diet (with a capital D).
Fruits and vegetables have amazing properties (fiber, phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients) that are beneficial for good health. I personally LOVE most fruits and veggies (I’ll take a hard pass on ripe bananas, green bell peppers and raw mushrooms) and I’m plant-based so trust me when I say I eat a lot of them. But I easily get in a rut and prepare the same thing over and over. So this challenge is a great way for us all to expand our repetoire!
Are you ready to enjoy a delicious challenge! Follow the tips below to get started!
Make a Grocery List – Click here for one courtesy of Precision Nutrition.
- Bagged greens (arugula, lettuces for salads; spinach for soups, stews, or pasta dishes)
- Carrots, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, celery, broccoli, potatoes, tomatoes, etc.
- Apples, oranges, berries, bananas, etc.
Pro tip: Create a 3 or 4-day menu plan and only buy what you need for those days. Let’s try and minimize food waste while we’re at it. Click here for a sample menu.
Track Your Progress:
- Click here to download and print a pdf.
Follow Marin BreakfastKlub Runners on Facebook:
- Stay motivated and encouraged, and connect with other October challengers here.
Final Tips Before You Start
- Aim for progress vs. perfection! This is a month-long challenge so if you are starting out eating only a few servings each day, add slowly so your digestive tract can catch up.
- Smoothies are a great way to add fruits or veggies without having to do a lot of prep work.
- Chew your food thoroughly. Your belly and belt will thank you.
I’ll post tips, strategies, and recipes all month on this blog and social media. Let me know if you have any questions, or comments, or need help accessing any documents.
Now go run!
P.S. There will be lots of chopping in this challenge so we’ll tackle the benefits of batch cooking next week.
One thought on “Join The October Nutrition Challenge”
Pingback: Meal Planning and Prepping 101 – Marin BreakfastKlub Runners