Welcome to the 20 Day Plank Challenge! Yep, we’re all about the core.
Here’s the plan.
We’ll be rotating between 5 plank variations for the Challenge, with the goal of hitting front, sides and the deep trunk muscles.
This Challenge is structured for various levels. To add to the intensity, you’ll increase your hold time, repetitions, or set counts. I strongly encourage you to go at your own pace. If you’re finding something is too much for what your body is able to do, back off. On the flip side, if something is too easy push yourself. Let’s take the next 20 days and really work hard.
Below you’ll see how to do a plank. If you need help or aren’t sure you’re doing it right, drop me a note.
Plank Challenge Workout – Day 1
- Get into a Plank (either on your hands or forearms)
- Hold for 20 seconds.
- Come down to rest on your knees for a few seconds.
- Beginners can stop here.
- Otherwise repeat this for a total of 3 rounds.
Here’s how to do a plank.
- Start face down on the ground, place your hands on either side of your chest, fingers pointing forward
- Gently pull your shoulders away from your ears and bring your elbows tight to your body
- Curl your toes under and squeeze your legs, and tush so that your knees come off the floor
- Pull your belly in tight, inhale and on the exhalation press up into a high plank
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Keep your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Continue to lift your front body to meet your back body, extend through your heels
See you tomorrow.
Now go run!