The Holiday Hustle continues! Today’s workout is one of those quick workouts that you can do anywhere. On the beach, at Grandma’s house, in a small hotel room or at your local park. No equipment. No excuses.
- Half Jumping Jacks
- Close Grip Pushups
- Bodyweight Squats
- Side Leg Lifts
- Kick Backs
- Tripod Hold (30 seconds)
Do 15 reps of each exercise 1, 2 or 3 times through.
How To Do the Exercises
Half Jumping Jacks
- Begin in standing position.
- Jump up, spread legs and bring arms up halfway, return to start.
Narrow Grip Pushups
- Get down on all fours and position your hands directly under your shoulders or slightly narrower.
- Tighten your abs to support your back, and then extend your legs out behind you and prop up on the balls of your feet. Contract your glutes and quadriceps to help keep your body straight as a plank.
- Bend your elbows, keeping them firmly at the sides of your torso, and lower your chest toward the floor.
- Extend your elbows and push yourself up to the starting position. Imagine pushing the floor away from you, and keep your body straight as a plank the entire time.
- Start by standing up tall, with shoulders back, feet about shoulder width apart, and toes pointed forward.
- With all your weight on your heels, inhale as you squat back by bending at the knee and sticking your tush back as you lower.
- Keep your head and chest up, and your eyes looking forward.
- Stand up, pressing through your heels and squeeze your tush at the top.
Side Leg Lifts
- Lie on your side, rest head in hands.
- Stack feet and legs on top of each other, keep your feet flexed.
- Slowly lift top leg up 1 inch off of the bottom leg. This is your starting and finishing point.
- From here, lift leg 12 to 24 inches and slowly return to the starting point.
- Your focus should be lifting the leg, not swinging it or throwing it up.
- Repeat all reps on one leg then roll over to other side.
- Begin on on all floors.
- Lift one foot pressing your heel to the sky (keep your foot flexed) until thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Squeeze your butt as you lift that foot towards the sky – holding at the top for 3 seconds and slowly return to start.
- Repeat all reps on one leg then switch.
- Begin in a high plank, with legs spread.
- Release one hand and place on your lower back, balancing on one arm and both legs – keep your hips square to the ground.
- Hold for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Slowly switch hands so you are balancing on the other side, again keep your hips square to the ground.
- Return hand to plank and hold for another 20 seconds.
Now go run!