Short and sweet!
Here is your Core Challenge Workout for today:
- Plank – 60 seconds
Just one plank today so make it a good one!
How To Do the Exercises
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine
- Drop your tush a bit keeping a nice long spine
- Focus on your belly button, pulling it up towards your spine
- Breathe – Hold position for as long as you can
Modifications for the Plank:
1. For those with wrist troubles, drop down to your forearms. Please be sure to keep your tush lifted and think about lengthening your spine.
2. Get on all fours and alternate lifting your left arm straight out and lifting your right leg and pressing it straight behind you. Please keep your neck in neutral (lengthen your spine up to the base of your head and let your eyes gaze softly down to the ground
Revel in how awesome you are!
Now go run!