Here’s a little bit about today’s plank – the Side Plank Touch. Holding a side plank on the elbow requires you to support your body weight on your forearm and the side of one foot.
Core strength is needed to keep your hips from sinking toward the floor. When performing this exercise, pay attention to good form. Keep your shoulders, hips, knees and feet in one straight diagonal line, and make sure your neck and head continue the line of your spine.
Ok – here’s how to perform the exercise:
- Start on your left side in a side plank position with your right elbow below your shoulder and your body in a straight line from head to heels.
- Without letting your hips sag, twist your torso as you bring your right elbow towards your left elbow.
- Return to start
- Repeat the exercise for the number of reps assigned then switch to the other side.
Perform this exercise for 15 repetitions on each side.
Rest 10 seconds then repeat (for a total of 2 times each side)
To take this down to a Level 1 you can try the following:
1. Drop your knee to the ground and support your body weight
2. Hold a side plank without the twist
Have a great Friday!
Now go run!