Introducing – The Standing to Plank to Crab to Standing Plank Variation
- Start in a standing position.
- Bend over at the waist and walk your arms out in front to get into a high plank (hands under shoulders, legs extended, feet hip-width apart, back straight, abs engaged).
- Lift your right foot off the ground, bend your right knee and bring your foot to the outside of your right elbow, placing it on the ground as close to your elbow as possible.
- Bring your right foot back to the rear so that you are in plank.
- Lift your left foot off the ground, bend your left knee and bring your foot to the outside of your left elbow, placing it on the ground as close to your elbow as possible.
- Bring your left foot back to the rear so that you are in plank.
- Pike your hips and walk your hands back to your feet.
- Return to standing – that’s one rep.
- Repeat this sequence 10 times.
Advance Plankers: Drop down to a low plank for the sequence and/or repeat this set of 5 one more time.
Beginner Plankers: Eliminate the standing component and stay in a plank, just stepping your feet outside of your elbows.
Great job! I’m proud of you all!
Now go run!