Rested and raring to go? Good to hear! Today we are repeating a workout from earlier this month but we are cranking up the reps as well as the time.
Here’s your Core Challenge Workout for today:
- Plank – 45 to 60 seconds
- Side Cross – 25 seconds each side
Do this sequence three times through.
How To Do the Exercises
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine
- Drop your tush a bit keeping a nice long spine
- Focus on your belly button, pulling it up towards your spine
- Hold position for 45 to 60 seconds
Level 3: Hold this position while on forearms. Please be sure to keep your tush lifted and think about lengthening your spine.
Level 1: Get on all fours and alternate lifting your left arm straight out and lifting your right leg and pressing it straight behind you. Please keep your neck in neutral (lengthen your spine up to the base of your head and let your eyes gaze softly down to the ground).
- Lay on your left side, feet stacked on top of each other
- Your body should be in a straight line from shoulder, to hips, to knees to feet
- Place your left hand under your left shoulder
- Tighten your abs and lift yourself up – balancing on your feet and hand
- Take right hand and point it straight up (you will look like a cross on it’s side)
- Hold tight and maintain this position for 15 seconds
- Switch sides and hold for 25 seconds
Level 3: When in the cross position, lift the outside leg a few inches and hold it for all or part of the time.
Level 1: Bend the leg that’s on the ground behind you, keep knees together and squeeze your abs tight. Place your forearm on the ground, elbow under your shoulder and then lift, supporting yourself with your arm instead.
Here’s a tip: Be sure to maintain tension in your body as you hold yourself in these positions. When you feel yourself tiring or think you can’t hold it any longer, take a big breath, clear your mind of any negativity or doubt and push through.
Now go run!