Hell to the yes! This is one of my FAVORITE taco toppings! Here’s a recipe so you can try it out on your next Taco Tuesday or Burrito Thursday. I use the air fryer so there’s tons of crispy bits and it’s done in 20 minutes. I’ve als made them in the oven. You simpley spread the mixture on a sheet pan and cook at 450 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. Either way, the end result is delicious.
- 1 head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 T each: chili powder (or taco seasoning mix), garlic powder, coconut aminos or Bragg’s, avocado oil
- 1/2 C nutritional yeast
- Place florets into food processor and pulse a few times or roughly chop with a knife.
- Add cauliflower and all other ingredients into a bowl, mix well.
- Remove the grill or grate from the air fryer so you’re only using the pan (if you can’t remove the grate or grill, use the oven instead).
- Preheat the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mixture to the pan, set air fryer at 390 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Stir every 3-5 minutes so they brown and crisp evenly.
- Use on tacos, in burritos, bowls, or even topping your nachos.
Now go run!