I love making a big bowl of Creamy Savory Oats for breakfast. It’s hearty. It’s creamy. It’s savory. It’s everything I love in a breakfast food.
Sometimes, however, I’m in the mood for something a little different. Let me introduce you to Salad Toast.
Salad Toast combines fresh greens, a bright and sweet dressing with creamy avocado, and hummus piled atop Dave’s Killer Bread. It’s yummy from the first bite to the last!
- 1 or 2 slices of Dave’s Killer Bread Thin Sliced
- Avocado (1/4 or 1/3)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons Hummus (I make my own and skip the tahini or oil)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped Arugula
- 1/2 cup halved or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 green onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha to taste
- Balsamic Glaze (1 tsp)
- Rice Vinegar (splash)
- Place arugula, tomatoes and green onions into a bowl
- Drizzle Balsamic Glaze and add Rice Vinegar (use sparingly, you want to just lightly dress your greens) and toss well
- Set the salad aside
- Lightly toast your bread slices
- Smear hummus on each slice of bread
- Slice avocado and lay it on top of hummus – lightly smoosh the avocado (you don’t want your slices to slip off)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and a splash of Sriracha on top
- Spoon your salad onto the toast
- Eat and enjoy
Now go run!