Throwback, um Wednesday! Enjoy a previous plank from about 8 days ago.
Alternating Reach and Rear Leg Lift Plank
- Start in a high or low plank.
- Press your feet, knees, and thighs together.
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other.
- Lift your belly up nice and tight and keep a nice long spine.
- From this position extend your left arm straight out (palm facing in) as you lift your right leg up off the ground, toes pointing behind you.
- Hold then replace your arm under you, drop your leg back to the ground.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Alternate reaching for 45 seconds.
- Repeat for 45 seconds.
- When you extend your arm, keep your hand and arm at or below shoulder height.
- Don’t “throw” your arm out to the extension, think slowly lifting and reaching.
- Lift your leg as high as you can while maintaining good form.
Now go run!