If you have been participating regularly in this month’s Core Challenge, I promise that when you wake up on February 1st you’ll wonder what to do with yourself.
Fear not! Once the Core Challenge is over I’m going to provide the full month’s worth of workouts including how to do the exercises on my blog.
Here’s the Core Challenge Workout for today:
- Plank – 90 seconds
Perform this exercise three times through.
How To Do the Exercise
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine
- Drop your tush a bit keeping a nice long spine
- Focus on your belly button, pulling it up towards your spine
- Breathe and hold this position
Level 3: Hold this position while on forearms. Please be sure to keep your tush lifted and think about lengthening your spine.
Level 1: Get on all fours and alternate lifting your left arm straight out and lifting your right leg and pressing it straight behind you. Please keep your neck in neutral (lengthen your spine up to the base of your head and let your eyes gaze softly down to the ground).
This is a challenging 4 minutes, 30 seconds but I encourage you to push outside of your comfort zone.
Now go run!