Cleaning up a dietary mess

I do some sort of exercise daily and consider myself to be pretty fit and overall  healthy.  Listen, it’s not a secret that it takes discipline to be consistent with a fitness program.  For me, this is not a problem.

I enjoy being able to go for a killer, hilly run, play soccer with my team, do tons of pushups and hold a plank for long periods of time.  (This may seem like I’m bragging but hold off on the judgement, you’ll see why in a minute).

However, being fit and healthy is not just about exercise.  What you choose to put in your mouth is also a huge factor.  Some experts say that it’s the most important factor.  I’ve heard you should eat well 90% of the time and allow for 10% of less than healthy eating.

And therein lies the problem.  I very healthfully about 70% of the time.  The other 30% is kind of a disaster.  I’ve fallen into some bad and lazy eating habits over the past few years.

So my goal right now is to tighten up on the summer snacking and get back to healthier habits.

Now go run!

Keli 🙂

One thought on “Cleaning up a dietary mess

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.