It’s the 7th day of January so I wanted to check in to see how you’re doing on your 2021 goals? Too soon?
Not really. A lot of people have a difficult time sticking with their “new year, new you” plans within the first week. So if you’re on the struggle boat, here are a few tips to help.
- Grab a piece of paper and write out your goal and your “why”
- Highlight your “why”, draw stars around it, circle it, make it bold
- List 5 things that are currently preventing you from reaching your goal
- Identify if there is 1 thing from the list above that if you changed would make the biggest difference (ie: get up earlier to workout)
- Write 5 things that you can do to change that 1 thing (disable snooze, go to bed earlier, set coffee pot so fresh coffee is ready to go, recruit your friend to do the same, set alarm to go off 30 minutes earlier)
- Implement your 1 thing at the very next opportunity
- After 7 days is that 1 thing still problematic? Is there another thing that’s hitching you up? If so, tackle that second thing. (Hint: those 5 listed items above are excuses that you have the power to overcome)
Change is hard but if you keep your “why” front and center and do something every day that gets you closer to reaching your goal you’ll get there.
If you need help with setting goals, finding your “why” or figuring out next steps, I’d love to work with you and help you reach your goals.
Now go run!