Small shifts, in attitude, opinion, perspective, and/or actions can have a huge positive impact.
Experts in the self-help biz call this “re-framing”. In the olden days, our parents would call it “making lemonade out out lemons”.
Shifting, re-framing, turning a negative into a positive, positive self-talk; whatever you call it, here’s a few ways you can implement it right now.
- “I don’t have to work out, I get to work out.”
- “Seeing the sun rise is a great way to start my day.”
- “I welcome this challenging workout.”
- “I eat hills for breakfast, bring them on.”
- “When I figure out how to do this, it’s going to make my job so much easier.”
- “When I master this skill, it will look great on my LinkedIn profile.”
- “My hard work will pay off on race day.”
- “Thank goodness for my strong legs so I can run this distance”
One really cool benefit of doing this on a regular basis is that you will start to see things in a more positive light. It’s one of those woo-woo tactics that actually work.
Sure, you’ll still retain your sarcastic edge, we don’t want to remove that, but you’ll find yourself becoming less of a Negative Nelly or a Pissy Polly.
So give it a try and put positive thoughts out there and see what comes back to you.
What have you got to lose?
Now go run!