Mondays get a bad rap but I love them. It begs a fresh start. You can kiss a lazy, sloth-like weekend behind and throw back the drapes to a brand new day.
Now, I realize I may be alone in my Monday Love so here’s 3 things you can do to start your week off right and on track.
- Exercise. Even if it’s for 5 minutes get your body moving so you are setting the tone for your week of awesomeness.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. My Monday starts with a ginormous bowl of Savory Oats (cooked oats topped with sauteed greens, tomatoes, zucchini, green onions, chopped potato, diced avocado, ground flax seeds, and hot sauce). It is filling and feels like I’ve just brunched without the Mimosa.
- Plot out the week’s workouts and some healthy meals.
- In a pinch (because for crying out loud, it’s already Monday) just block out the days you want to workout. Don’t do a deep dive into details.
- For the meal prep (which can cause tons of stress for a lot of people) select 2 things to eat for breakfast and lunch so you can rotate between the two. And for dinner pick 2 things to make. Let leftovers be your friend!
So no need to dread Mondays. Make friends with it and you can start to hate Tuesdays instead!
Now go run!