Congratulations on making it to Day 4 of the October Challenge. Remember, 30 in 30 (or 31); that’s all it takes.
A reward system is an important component of this Challenge. You must celebrate smaller victories to keep you motivated to keep going. But don’t reward yourself with food.
Luckily, there are numerous other things you can do when you reach your mini goals or have been on track for a week or ten days.
Here’s a sampling of little rewards. Some cost money and others don’t! Rewards shouldn’t be a luxury!
- Mani/Pedi (a personal favorite)
- A new piece of exercise clothing
- Checking out a movie that isn’t geared toward the under 12 set
- A day at home solo
- A walking tour of your local big city or country hamlet
- A day at the beach
- Checking out new fitness books or cook books at the library
- A free concert in the park
- Volunteer at a shelter, help bag food at a food bank or go through your clothes and donate gently used clothing to those in need. Helping others is a fantastic reward
I’d love to hear what you do to reward yourself! Your tips and tricks helps me and I know it will help others!
Workout #4 – 10/4/15
Lucky you! Today you get a break from the strength moves. Get your 30 minutes in but make it yoga, a run, walk, hike, dance class, biking, etc.
Now go run!