Your rest day is over – it’s time to get back to work!
Here’s your Core Challenge Workout for today:
- Plank – 60 seconds
- Day at the Beach – 25 repetitions
- Knee to Chest, Knee to Elbow – 25 repetitions (left and right is a 1 count)
Perform this sequence two times through.
How To Do the Exercise
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine
- Drop your tush a bit keeping a nice long spine
- Focus on your belly button, pulling it up towards your spine
Level 3: Hold this position while on forearms. Please be sure to keep your tush lifted and think about lengthening your spine.
Level 1: Get on all fours and alternate lifting your left arm straight out and lifting your right leg and pressing it straight behind you. Please keep your neck in neutral (lengthen your spine up to the base of your head and let your eyes gaze softly down to the ground).
Day at the Beach
- Sit on the ground with your hands behind you, fingers pointing towards your tush
- Lean back on your tush and pick your feet up off the ground, keeping your knees slightly bent
- Bring your knees in to your chest and squeeze your midsection
- Fully extend your legs and press away from your midsection, keeping feet about 18 inches off the ground
- Pull knees in to chest and repeat
Level 3: Instead of leaning on your hands, balance on the upper part of your tush and cross your arms in front of your chest.
Level 1: Instead of keeping legs elevated, keep heels on the ground, toes pointing up at the beginning of the exercise, bring knees in to chest and replace heels on ground
Knee to Chest to Elbow Plank
- From your high plank position (on your hands) lift your right leg and bring your knee as far up to your chest as you can
- Extend the leg back behind you
- Now bring that knee as far as you can to the outside of your right elbow.
- Repeat this motion on the left side for 25 total repetitions (a left and a right is a 1 count)
Tip: Keep your spine long and lean. You should not be twisting or turning or rounding out your back during this exercise. The only movement is the legs.
Level 3: Start this exercise from a low plank (on your forearms).
Level 1: Perform 10, rest, do another 10, rest then finish up with 5
Have a great 23rd day of our Challenge! See you tomorrow!
Now go run!