You are well over the halfway mark for our challenge, congratulations! I hope you are as excited and enthusiastic today as you were at the beginning of the Core Challenge.
Here’s your Core Challenge Workout for today:
- Plank Knee Cross w tap – 45 seconds
- Superpeople – 30 seconds
- Side Hip Raise – 30 seconds each side
Perform this sequence three times through.
How To Do The Exercises
Plank Knee Cross w Tap
- Please get into the high plank position (this means on your hands)
- Bring your right knee across your body towards your left shoulder
- Tap your knee with your left hand
- Replace your leg and hand and switch sides
- Repeat for 45 seconds
Level 3: Drop down to a low plank position (on your forearms) and increase time up to 60 seconds
Level 1: Perform this exercise in shorter time intervals. Try 15 -20 seconds to start then rest for 1-2 seconds, and then try and do another 15 -20 seconds. The only way to get “better” at this is to increase the time you are in the activity.
- Lay face down on the ground, legs and arms straight
- Squeezing your body tightly, lift your arms and legs at the same time and slightly hold at the top for a 1 count
- Return your arms and legs softly to the ground
Side Hip Raise
- Lay on your left side, propped up on your forearms
- Make sure your legs stacked on top of each other and that you are in a straight line from your shoulder to your hips to your knees to your feet
- Extend your right arm towards the sky
- Engage your abs and lift your hips off the ground as high as you can
- Hold at your highest point for a second then gently return to start
- Repeat for 30 seconds then switch sides
Level 3: At your highest point of the lift, hold and lift your outside leg up then down before coming back to the start position
Level 1: Perform this exercise in 5 second increments. 5 seconds on, rest for a few seconds, 5 seconds on, rest, etc.
Start strong. Stay strong. Finish Strong.
Now go run!