Awesome abs are apparent!
Here’s your Core Challenge Workout for today:
- Plank – 40 seconds
- Elevated Hip Raise (20 repetitions)
- Day at the Beach (20 repetitions)
Do this sequence 2 times through
How To Do the Exercises
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward (do NOT turn your hands toward each other or away from each other).
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine
- Drop your tush a bit so it’s in NOT pointing in the air
- Keep your back straight – don’t drop your belly, tuck it up
- Hold this position for 40 seconds, and breathe.
Elevated Hip Raises
- Lay on your back with your hands at your side, palms pressing on the ground (you may also place your hands under your tush)
- Keep your knees together extend your legs above you, toes pointed to the sky
- Keep your shoulders and head lifted to fully engage your abs (if this is uncomfortable for you drop your head to the ground)
- Lift our hips off the ground and press your toes to the sky
- Slowly drop your hips back to the ground and repeat
- Slow and controlled is key!
Day at the Beach
- Sit on the ground with your hands behind you, fingers pointing towards your tush, elbows slightly bent
- Lean back on the upper part of your tush and pick your feet up off the ground, keeping your knees slightly bent
- Bring your knees in to your chest and squeeze your midsection
- Fully extend your legs and press away from your midsection, keeping feet about 18 inches off the ground
- Pull knees in to chest and repeat
1. Instead of leaning on your hands, balance on the upper part of your tush and cross your arms in front of your chest.
Now go run!