Happy Day 2 people!
Here’s your Core Challenge Workout for today!
- Plank – 40 seconds
- Side Cross – 15 seconds each side
Do this sequence 2 times through.
How To Do the Exercises
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward (do NOT turn your hands toward each other or away from each other).
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine
- Drop your tush a bit so it’s in NOT pointing in the air
- Keep your back straight – don’t drop your belly, tuck it up
- Hold this position for 40 seconds, and breathe.
- Lay on your left side, feet stacked on top of each other
- Your body should be in a straight line from shoulder, to hips, to knees to feet
- Place your left hand under your left shoulder
- Tighten your abs and lift yourself up – balancing on your feet and hand
- Take right hand and point it straight up (you will look like a cross on it’s side)
- Hold tight and maintain this position for 15 seconds
- Switch sides and hold for 15 seconds
Side Cross Modification
1) If you have difficulty holding yourself up – bend the leg that’s on the ground behind you (make sure your knees are touching) and squeeze your abs tight. You’re still getting a good workout without the stress on your knees or legs.
2) If this position bothers your wrist, place your forearm on the ground, elbow under your shoulder and then lift, supporting yourself with your arm instead.
Now go run!