5 Happiness Hacks
- Go for a run. The rush of endorphins rocks and research shows that running may help alleviate symptoms of depression.
- Smile. Real or fake, research out of Clark University revealed that smiling seems to activate the happiness center of the brain.
- Shower or Soak. Hydrotherapy is an old natural health remedy and recent studies show that whirlpool bathing increases feelings of well-being and a cold shower may have an antidepressant effect.
- Eat Chocolate. “Nuff said.
- Hug, Fist-Bump or High-Five a Pal. Touching releases oxytocin, the love hormone. Bow, chick a wow wow.
** Hacks courtesy of Women’s Health / color commentary courtesy of yours truly.
Now go run!