Welcome to our final week of the Challenge!
Here’s your Core Challenge Workout for today:
- Plank – 60 seconds
- Roman Twist – 40 repetitions (Left and Right is a 1 count)
- Side Cross – 30 seconds each side
Perform this sequence only two times through. You’re welcome.
How To Do The Exercises
- Hold yourself in the “up” position of a pushup, hands under our slightly in front of your shoulders, fingers spread, apart, pointing forward
- Press your feet, knees and thighs together
- Draw your shoulders down away from your ears and engage your shoulder blades so they are slightly pulling toward each other
- Lift your belly up nice and tight, pulling your belly button toward your spine
- Drop your tush a bit keeping a nice long spine
- Focus on your belly button, pulling it up towards your spine
Level 3: Hold this position in a low plank. Please be sure to keep your tush lifted and think about lengthening your spine.
Level 1: Get on all fours and alternate lifting your left arm straight out and lifting your right leg and pressing it straight behind you. Please keep your neck in neutral (lengthen your spine up to the base of your head and let your eyes gaze softly down to the ground).
- Grab a soccer ball, kickball, medicine ball, a small child, or roll up a towel
- Sit on your tush, knees bent, feet on the floor
- Hold your object in front of you, arms bent at 90 degrees
- Lean back on your tush so you are balancing on the top of your butt cheek
- Hold to your object and turn to the right and bring your object down towards the ground, then come back across your body to the other side, bring your object down towards the ground – that’s one count.
Level 1: Place your toes on the ground for greater stability
- Lay on your left side, feet stacked on top of each other
- Your body should be in a straight line from shoulder, to hips, to knees to feet
- Place your left hand under your left shoulder
- Tighten your abs and lift yourself up – balancing on your feet and hand
- Take right hand and point it straight up (you will look like a cross on it’s side)
- Hold tight and maintain this position for 30 seconds
- Switch sides
Level 3: When in the cross position, lift the outside leg a few inches and hold it for all or part of the time.
Level 1: Bend the leg that’s on the ground behind you, keep knees together and squeeze your abs tight. Place your forearm on the ground, elbow under your shoulder and then lift, supporting yourself with your arm instead.
Enjoy your workout!
Now go run!