Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that cold and flu season has begun. I am not an alarmist but I have school age children who are more susceptible to colds and flu so it’s important that I stay healthy and keep them healthy.
Here are some preventative measures you can take to stay healthy this season.
1. Get a flu shot for both “regular” flu and the H1N1.
2. Wash your hands. Then wash them again.
3. Stock up on bottles of hand sanitizer. Keep them in your car, your purse, your kids’ backpack, on the kitchen counter. The ones with alcohol are more effective so if you have little ones, watch they don’t lick their hands. No joke!
4. Act like a 3 year old and learn to sneeze or cough into your elbow.
5. Remember Lysol? Buy a few cans and spray on doorknobs, computer keys, telephone handsets and tv remotes.
6. Maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes the holy trinity of getting enough sleep, eating well and exercising.
Now go run!